Saturday, May 10, 2014

Why Must Cute Shoes Be PAINFUL?! Shoe Review

A few months ago I learned a very good lesson. If you order shoes online, make sure you try them out for a while before wearing them out. I purchased two pairs of similar looking shoes from Steve Madden probably around August? I got the Marlenee in Fawn and the Realove in black. The Realove ones are now on sale, but knowing how uncomfortable they are, I wouldn't even want these on sale. These shoes are SUPER sexy on, but SOOOO uncomfortable. I'm used to heels, and I don't mind walking in them. But both of these shoes have the most uncomfortable slope. Which is really weird because from the looks of them they look like my other heels.

I have never had much luck with Steve Madden shoes in store because whenever I went in I never able to find a 5. So when I went on their website and saw that they had my size I jumped at it.






These Marlenee shoes are super cute but painful. The little platform helps a bit, but I can't get very far with them. 






You would think of the two shoes that these Realove ones would be more comfortable because the heel is lower. But these are the walk of death. I don't know why it is, maybe the lack of a platform, but oh my goodness are these painful! The slope on these shoes are just not comfortable at all. They're super cute, and I purchased them with the intent of them being an every day simple black heel. I have probably worn these out twice, and definitely regretted both times. 

So my lesson was learned, try on your online shoe purchases around the house before wearing them outside in the case that they are uncomfortable you can return them. 

What has been a fashion lesson you have recently learned?


14 comments:

  1. The pitch does seem high on both of these shoes.

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate, why must the prettiest shoes be the most painful...
    Hope you find your perfect pair of comfy+cute shoes one day!

    xx Cissy
    www.idreamofbunnies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic!
    I love it!
    Would you like to follow each other?Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://miescueladetacones.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow yoy now!
      Kisses from http://miescueladetacones.blogspot.com.es/

      Delete
  4. two thumbs up for pretty shoes!

    New Outfit >>> THE MILANO MODE

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, beauty is pain! unfortunately. :( always gotta have bandaids nearby!

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely had a painful lesson to learn last year. I've put up with uncomfortable shoes at times, but when I went to Europe I ended up with a foot fracture that actually never healed (the doctor says all it takes is wearing heels with no cushion one too many times). Now I've been told my foot pain will never go away, and I'll never be able to run again. I'm only in my 30s! So now I am REALLY picky on what shoes I buy. Steve Madden has great styles but I can't wear them. It's not worth it!

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely buy shoes without a inch of platform because I find them to be much more painful than heels without a platform. But I have a pair or two that looks amazing but hurts as hell, and it will always be like that. You gotta suffer if you wanna look pretty in gorgeous heels, haha!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, pretty things come with some pains! They are just not made for walk :(

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: Monday Evening
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do look very amazing although it stinks that they're uncomfortable to wear:( Maybe you just need to break into them or get used to them first?
    xo Olivia

    ReplyDelete

  10. I’M TOTALLY IN LOVE!

    New post on my blog, I’m waiting for your opinion dear!
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    THIS BRAND IS LOOKING FOR NEW BLOGGERS!


    Get in touch, I’m following you! Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin |
    Win a trip in Genoa

    Kisses from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh sorry to hear the shoes are not comfortable :( But yeah same here, I have a bunch of shoes that are cute but just so uncomfortable that I cannot wear them often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are cute! But I feel your pain :)

    AJ | www.TheAJMinute.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The older I get, the lower heels I wear =) I can't do anything higher than 3"1/4 anymore. These shoes are pretty indeed but too bad, they're not comfortable for you.

    ReplyDelete